background

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Currently


loving: that our family made sweet memories this weekend on our trip to the Great Escape Water Park. 



reading: Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero. While I usually move through books pretty quickly, I've been pacing myself with this one. I don't want to miss a bit of the revolutionary biblical application the author shares. Lots to process/apply in my own life and it's SO good. 


waiting for: Spring to arrive. I know...who isn't? While I've been ready for a season change for a while, spring fever is in full effect. I'm ready to open these windows and enjoy the sunshine. Oooo fresh flowers and pastel colors everywhere! 


excited about: the opportunity to be a part of a new adult tap class next month. I love learning and I love dance, so I'm double excited about learning a new form of dance.

trying to: catch up with life and balance my priorities in this season of my life. 

working on: a fun spring cleaning challenge for myself. I told you I have spring fever. Well, part of that for me is decluttering and starting fresh. I'm making the goals small and manageable, but I plan to get through every room/closet/organizable space in our house by the end of April. Spring = fresh. clean. new. 


enjoying: the She Reads Truth community and the current two week reading plan that began today taking us through the book of Jonah. Exciting for what God wants to teach me about his character through this study.


using: a new app called If: Equip. This app helps to daily equip women to know God more deeply and live out their purposes with a scripture reading plan. Right now, the app is taking us through John. One of the things I'm appreciating most about it right now is the lack of additional content attached to the scripture passage. After the Bible passage, the app encourages you to process and journal with the same three questions. (If you believe this is true: What does this mean about God? You? The world?) It's been a great reminder to process the passage on my own before listening to other teacher's thoughts. Then, there is a short three minute video discussion highlighting a point from the passage.

new recipe I'm trying this week: Lemon Chia Seed Pancakes with Roasted Strawberries 


wearing: this super fun bracelet from Charming Charlie



planning: a special surprise for our girls that I still can't believe we've decided to do (stay tuned for that big news)

singing: Let It Go over and over again. We can't get enough of the Frozen soundtrack in our house.


needing: to go to bed early tonight. 


learning: to accept my limitations.  God continues to reveal His grace to me as I learn to release my tight grip on my to-do list and the daily/weekly/momentary expectations I place on myself. I'm learning to freely embrace and enjoy life, not live consistently disappointed by all I didn't get to.


listening to: Dancing with the Stars. I don't even watch every season, but I'm rooting for Candace Cameron Bure this time! Pray for her as she lives for Christ in Hollywood. Go DJ Tanner!

wishing: my Nagymama wasn't headed back to Florida this week and that she was still here to whip me up another batch of Palacsinta. I could make it myself, but it is that much more special when it is made with love by her.


dreaming of: all my windows being opened and feeling the warm, spring breeze! 

No comments:

Post a Comment