background

Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Favorites

Ready for the weekend? I am! Here are some of the things I've been loving this week:

1. New recipe: A couple of weeks ago, I walked into my friend Megan's house and literally started drooling at the amazing smell coming from her kitchen. This is the norm at her house, that and the fresh plate of baked goods always popping out of the oven while a fire crackles in the fireplace. She really knows how to make her home welcoming and cozy. When Megan recommends a recipe, I listen. You should too.
Alabama Pulled Pork Sandwiches with White Barbecue Sauce
I feel like I've betrayed BBQ pulled pork and fallen in love with this vinegary, spicy, sweet goodness. Not only that, but it is a quick version of pulled pork and it is served over homemade sweet potato biscuits. Yum!

2. Truth:  "As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him—you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." - 1 Peter 2:4-6
I've been spending my mornings going through Beth Moore's Whispers of Hope: 10 Weeks of Devotional Prayer

I've been stuck on this passage in 1 Peter since the morning I read it. Remembering God as my LIVING Redeemer, the Living Stone. Some of the Beth Moore's points that have stuck with me are: 

  • "As living stones, do our lives expose an empty tomb and a living, thriving, personal God? Are we proof that Christ lives?"
  • "What if people were convinced we worship a living Savior simply by watching the effervescent life of the spirit within us (not the rules we follow)?"
Praying that as followers of Christ, we would learn what it means to be "lingering proof of the resurrection." 

3. Pandora station: I LOVE the mix of songs on the Colbie Caillat Pandora station. Have you heard Alex & Sierra Say Something? I could seriously listen to it over and over again. Love it.

4. Midday pick-me-up: Anyone else wish Starbucks made home deliveries? Or that the really yummy drinks weren't $5? I love iced Caramel Macchiatos. When it's the middle of the winter and there's no time to nap, I enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up. I was surprisingly pleased by this solution.



5. YouTube video: Oh if God ever gives me a little boy...this WILL be us on his wedding day. If not and I have lots of girls, we will just choreograph our own mother daughter dance at each one.
Trying to figure out how I can marry Joe again, so I don't miss the whole fun organized dance craze this time! Watch for yourself here.

6. This candle:  I had to order something from Bath and Body Works the other day and they sent me a complimentary Eucalyptus Mint candle. First of all, candles are one of my love languages, so yay. It has a fresh and clean scent that makes it smell like you've been cleaning your house all day. It's a nice change from the seasonal holiday smells. Bring on the spring (and the spring cleaning)!

7. Books: As if I can't get enough of books already, this week I found these at the library...


Baby Lit- "the fashionable way to introduce your toddler to the world of classic literature" 
I love the concept and the illustrations are beautiful. Check out their site. They even sell the story playsets, prints and tote bags. What a pretty collection to have on the shelf. Adorable. 

8. 

9. Encouraging blog post: Let's Be Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment