background

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Birthday Girl

May has been such a full month. Our weekends were filled with trips. Our days were filled with lots of life. Most of it was really good stuff. Some of the busyness was just life timing. Some of it was probably some scheduling overload. I'm thankful for all the special trips, gatherings and celebrations we enjoyed. With that comes an awareness that we need to change our pace and shift our priorities a bit as we head into June and the rest of the summer or we will burn out!

I'm looking forward to a weekend at home. Since my birthday is this Monday, I guess this is officially my birthday weekend. What? Don't you figure out which weekend your birthday is closest to and claim it as your birthday weekend? I've been doing that since I was a little girl. With the exception of celebrating some life moments at a couple of special parties this weekend,  I don't have any plans beyond being in the backyard with my family, playing with the girls, finishing up the garden with my guy, reading a lot (maybe even in the hammock), blogging a bit, unpacking suitcases, reorganizing life and creating lots of space to enjoy, pray and breathe. I'm looking forward to some quality time with the Lord. My soul needs some rest.  I'm sure there's no better way to spend the last days of my 28th year then refocusing my heart on Jesus and finding refreshment there. Everything else is just a sweet overflow.

I can also guarantee you that I'll probably get pretty nostalgic and recount lots of memories in my quiet moments. My favorite birthdays. The best years. The hardest years. The ups and downs of 28. The most transforming moments. My relationships.  My dreams for 29. It's really no secret how sentimental I am, especially when it comes to life milestones. I'm totally the friend who can't stand to only write three sentences in a card when there is a heart full of memories to share. At least having two little girls vying for my attention all day long will keep my mental sap to a minimum!

That being said...I'll leave you with these throwback gems.

with my momma at about age 2



with my daddy (first Christmas)
 Here's to 29! I'm thankful for the gift!




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Ella looks just like you! Happy Birthday Weekend.

    ReplyDelete