background

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Eats

One of my favorite things about the seasons are the foods that I associate with them. Spring has finally arrived, so my weekly menus have officially started changing! Lemon, asparagus, coconut and greens are just a few of my favorite spring flavors. Anything that seems light and fresh!

Last weekend, Aunt Cyncy came for a visit and I made her a birthday meal incorporating all of them!  I've made this meal many times and it's one that's worth sharing. This was a new Martha Stewart Dessert recipe, but I have added it to my collection to make again soon. Delicious! It was the perfect meal to kick off spring well! 

Check out the recipes by clicking on the links below. 

Orange Balsamic Chicken (I use chicken breasts when I make it)

Lemon Risotto (I leave out the mint leaves)

Roasted Asparagus (tossed with extra virgin olive oil and s&p and roasted at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes)

Coconut Crunch Cake   (Despite what it says, the recipe did not take as long as it says to make!)


What are your Spring favorites?

1 comment:

  1. That cake looks legit! I'm going to have to try it this spring! :-)

    ReplyDelete