background

Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Favorites

{one} You guys! I love coffee. My husband maintains that what I drink is not coffee, but deliciously sweet and creamy coffee drinks. (Psssh. It is what it is. I'm all about the Iced Caramel Macchiato year round.) I've never had coffee first thing in the morning. I'm more of a middle of the day coffee boost kind of girl. And until now, I rarely made coffee for myself at home. I'm a Starbucks girl, but let's be real when you don't drink "real coffee", $5 coffee drinks add up! Baby #3 has had me wanting coffee daily instead of every now and then. I needed to find a solution fast. Then, Joe got the Ninja Coffee Bar for Christmas. I mean we all saw the commercials with Sofia Vergara telling us how great it is, but really this thing is amazing. Joe turned barista and has been making all kinds of fun drinks! First up, made with love and a bit of sweetened condensed milk for his tired and cold coffee drinking wife: Frozen Cappuccino. It is DELICIOUS. Like so so good that I look forward to enjoying it everyday and haven't wanted to go to Starbucks in weeks! Then, just to make it a little sweeter, another favorite is the new cup Joe got me to enjoy my frozen Cappuccinos in.

So really that's four favorites: the Ninja Coffee Bar, Frozen Cappuccinos, my gold glitter cup and (best of all) my handsome barista!






{two} I reread Zephaniah 3:17 earlier in the week and haven't stopped thinking about it. I've read it in a bunch of translations and each brought new things to light for me. 

For the Lord your God is living among you.

    He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
    With his love, he will calm all your fears.[a]

    He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”

To be delighted in, cared for and rejoiced over...that's the kind of love that changes hearts and minds. What a sweet blessing to me as His child. What a real reminder to me as a parent!  


{three} I love birthdays and all the joy and excitement that come with them. It's birthday week in our house, which means lots of preparations, celebrations and a daily lunch box countdown. Ella celebrated her half birthday at school on Tuesday with a class party. Abby turns six on Sunday, so we are getting ready for a birthday party (Legos and friends), a birthday dinner (Tacos and family) and a class celebration.

my almost six year old 

my three and a HALF year old! 
{four} Something old, something new. I shared about an old favorite on the blog yesterday. We tried a new favorite last night: Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna. You guys, even my kids ate seconds complete with lots of spinach and mushrooms. It was that good!

{five} I have written our family story for the last six years on a blog I started when Abby was born. I love documenting our life and memories. My in-laws give me one of my favorite gifts ever each year when they compile the posts into hardcover annual volumes! This week, I've been enjoying my latest copies!



What are your favorites this week?

Linking up with:


Momfessionals and www.tabanderika.blogspot.com for Friday Favorites  


 A Liz Adventures for 5 on Friday 


 September Farm for Oh Hey Friday


5 comments:

  1. that tumbler is AMAZING girl! So glad I found your blog through the link up! Cant wait to read more :) Hope you'll stop by mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of compiling your posts into a book! What a sweet gift! That lasagna sounds amazing too! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about the caramel macchiatos too! I can't handle real coffee and my bf makes fun of me, haha. :) Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those books are awesome gifts! That will be something you & the girls will enjoy for years to come.

    & the coffee bar - I think that I want that. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that gold glitter starbucks cup. It is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete