background

Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Favorites

Five things I'm loving this week:

{one}
I know I'm late to the game, but I joined Goodreads and set a 2016 reading goal. So much fun! Anyone who knows me knows that I don't need help reading more books, but I DO need help documenting all the books I read and this is perfect! Not to mention, the button you press to indicate you've finished the book is very gratifying to this Type A list maker. My goal is a little ambitious this year (50 books), especially because life is pretty unpredictable in this season, but I think it's possible. There is way more hidden time to read in day then we think. 

Don't get me wrong, I love to have fun, but this sweatshirt belongs in my drawer!
Speaking of reading, I love that with some extra time before school this morning, Abby decided to curl up on the couch with a book and read out loud. Then, she sat next to Juliet and read the story to her. She kept looking up from the book with confused look on her face saying, "I know what I'm reading, Mommy, but what is a Zane? What is a Gook? Dr. Seuss books are a little strange." 



{two}


I got our girls these journals for Christmas and they are definitely one of our favorite finds. What a sweet way to help them learn how to make space in their day to reflect, read God's word and apply it to what's going on in their hearts. Ella (3) is a little young, but likes answering the questions when we ask her and coloring pictures about her day.

{three}
This week was sleep deprived and challenging. Some of it was life with an infant. Some of it was nightmares. One night I was up from 2-5:30 with all three kids in rotation. It made for some rough mornings, some bad attitudes and lots of coffee, but in some of my desperate moments, the Lord reminded me of the sweetness of it all. I asked for His help and He made me more aware of the gift it is to spend my days loving these little girls (including loving them in the middle of the night when I'd rather sleep). As I sensed him changing my attitude, I started to notice one of my other "favorites" this week. I started noticing all of the little girl "fingerprints" you find throughout our house at all times. Of course, sometimes it simply translates into a big mess, but how long will my girls be little and building doctor's offices that take up the whole living room? Or leaving piles of Legos on the table for days? Or wanting to bring their babies with them everywhere we go? As much as I want more sleep, I also want this to last forever. Evidence of their little lives all around me is one of my favorites! 



 

{four} 
We are loving this book as a family. Like the Jesus Storybook Bible and Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Celebration of Christmas (more faves), the author does a great job of tying the Bible stories our kids know so well to Scripture's overarching message of God's plan to redeem His people. Reading it with our girls has stirred my heart with the Gospel and created some great discussions!



{five} 
Pandora station I've been loving: Anthem Lights  

This weekend, I have to get the details in order and shop for my favorite six year old's birthday party. We're partnering with Pley to throw a Lego themed party this year! How is it only one week until my first baby turns six? :)


Linking up with:

Momfessionals and www.tabanderika.blogspot.com for Friday Favorites  


 September Farm for Oh Hey Friday


 A Liz Adventures for 5 on Friday 

 

1 comment:

  1. can we just buy that sweatshirt for one another?! I need it too ( librarian over here :) ) Glad I found your blog through the link up! I can't wait to keep reading your blogging journey this year and hope you stop by mine too!

    ReplyDelete